Events 4Teens @the Library
Check the library calendar for upcoming teen program dates, times, and locations.
Teen Advisory Board – The Teen Advisory Board, or TAB, meets the first Monday of every month to help choose what programs the library will put on for teens, what YA books to order, and to hang out and get the inside scoop on everything going on for teens at the library. Questions about TAB? E-mail your request to the Coeur d’Alene Library’s YA Coordinator.
- Teen Crafts – Join us for crafts designed specifically with teens in mind. We’ve crafted everything from freezer paper stencil art to paracord survival bracelets to digital word art. All crafts are free and open to the public, and geared towards the skill levels of middle school and high school students.
- Monthly Movie – Check the events calendar for the monthly teen movie selection. There will be free snacks and popcorn for all attendees. Have a movie suggestion? Make sure you email the library’s YA Coordinator with your pick.
- Monthly Gaming – A new video game chosen every month, played on the library’s big screen projector. You can vote for your game choice in the 4Teens room by filling out an activity suggestion form, or by coming to the Teen Advisory Board Meetings, the first Monday of every month.
- What’s Next? Nights – Focusing on a different topic at each event, from career prep to college entrance prep to military careers, this program series will explore every option available to you for your future.
- YA Book Club – Join the YA book club and get the chance to talk about that novel you read that you’ve been dying to share with someone. Our book club is a genre club, meaning we pick the topic, and you pick whatever book you would like to read within that scope.
- NANOWRIMO’s Young Writers Program – Join us in November to write the next great American novel! More and more teens are becoming published authors before they’re even legally able to sign their own name on a contract, so why not you? Visit the library during our writing workshops and write-ins the entire month of November. We’ll have laptops, ideas, and calming music to get your brain working past those stubborn writer’s blocks. Oh, and coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.
- Teen Volunteers @the Library – Join the Coeur d’Alene Public Library’s teen volunteering program, and learn how to create, build, and coordinate programs, and about the library and how it works. You can even flex your creative muscles by helping manage the Library’s 4Teens Blog! The application processes for this seasonal program begin as follows:
- Fall Program – applications available starting on August 1st, due by August 21st. Fall program runs from September 16th through December 13th.
- Spring Program – applications available starting on January 1st, due by January 22nd. Spring program runs from February 1st through May 31st.
- Summer Program – applications available starting on May 1st, due by June 1st. Summer program runs from June 10th through August 2nd.
Have a suggestion for a program you would like to see 4teens @the Library? Fill out a suggestion form in the 4Teens Room, or complete our online survey by clicking on the following link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=qEH4oF49V1zwefmlYu5iDQ%3d%3d